June 13, 2011

different

I am always amazed how 2 children who grow up in the same house can be so different.  Here are just a few examples:

Monkey bear can talk nonstop, yet she won't even say "Hi" to her friends.  My buddy has few words, yet he's the first to greet a stranger with an "Aaahhh" and a pat on the knee.

My buddy loves all things salty and monkey bear is a sweet loving girl.  She favors fruit and he loves his veggies.

Monkey bear slept through the night at 12 weeks and hasn't stopped since.  My buddy still wakes up more nights than he sleeps through.

My buddy can be covered head to toe in all sorts of dirt, grime, and food without noticing anything.  If monkey bear gets so much as a drip of ice cream in her dress, she must change instantly.

When we are out and about, Monkey bear sticks to my buddy for the emotional safety while he is busy running off on his own not caring if anyone is close by.

Monkey bear will push a baby in a swing for 15 minutes and love every minute.  My buddy loves a baby for about 27 seconds then hits him on the head.

My buddy wakes up with a smile and is off and running instantly.  Monkey bear wakes up grumpy and is "too tired to walk down the stairs."

The list goes on and on.  I wonder if there was another sibling if they would fall somewhere in the middle or if they'd find their own different. I  love watching their personalities emerge and trying to guess what they will be like as teenagers and adults. 

No comments:

Post a Comment