February 13, 2013

party

We had a fun Valentine's party yesterday.  As the kids get older, it gives the moms more of an opportunity to talk while our kids are able to play on their own.  Plus my living room is super kid friendly and small so not to much chasing is required.

I was thrilled that my buddy actually participated in the party.  He spent a few minutes coloring his craft and actually sat and ate snack with all the kids.  My buddy greeted friends with a hug and a kiss - whether they wanted one or not. 

As our friends gain independence and maturity, the gap between my buddy and his peers widens.  My buddy was the only one at the party to tackle someone to the ground and make them cry.  He was the only one grabbing toys out of other kids hands then throwing himself on the ground after I made him give them back.  No one else kicked a baby and made them cry.  He threw a fit when I gave him goldfish instead of pretzels.  Pretty typical behavior for my buddy.

Wouldn't you know one of the kids left the bathroom open and my buddy snuck in there.  When I went in to get him out, he sat on what he though was the toilet seat.  The look of surprise on my buddy's face was priceless as he sunk inside the potty soaking his pants and diaper in toilet water. 

Luckily I have some very understanding friends who have known my kids their whole life.  I'm not sure if they even notice my buddy's antics the way I do.  But if they do notice they most certainly do not judge and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment