March 16, 2015

change

Not so great days can really stink but they seem to lead to positive change. Sometimes I need a kick in the pants to get my Mama Bear in full swing mode. I've decided that if my buddy learns nothing more this year than to identify when he is feeling overwhelmed, ask for a break and never enter full meltdown mode - than we have had a successful year. 

If his one teacher can't seem to understand that my buddy not hating school is more important than AB patterns, she will no longer be his teacher. I have given her more than enough chances to change how she sees him and handles him. 

Things will get better. Now I just need to figure out what I want my buddy to do this summer. It's such a dilemma. I want to push him - but just enough. He does the extended year program that the school has but I think he might need more. There are summer camps that my buddy can attend for a couple of hours with a para, but if he hates it and doesn't participate, then it's not really worth it. Where's that darn crystal ball to see into the future???

I do have some concrete parenting advice. Skip buying toys and just head to Target for paper goods. 



Oh and my other advice - if life gets you down, put on your fanciest dress and dance in the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment