March 22, 2016

personality

My self portrait topic this week was Childhood Me. As I started thinking about what I was like as a child, I realized that I'm the same way as an adult. I had my dad build a little ladder and seat into a tree in our front yard. I used to sit up there with a book and watch the neighbors mill about. I still love trees and books and solitude (while being close enough to others as to not feel lonely).




I think parenthood is the perfect way to study personalities. Kids are their own distinct people. Their personality comes across at a very early age. Looking at pictures, it's so obvious to see who they are. Of course, I don't photograph the hard times - I'm in there elbow deep. And there is a lot of personal growth in the hard times but I like to focus on the every day.

Big sis was mothering before she could even walk. She shies away from the camera and takes a while to warm up to people. She is loyal and kind.




When my buddy is doing his own thing, he is in it 100%. He loves an audience and wants you to share in the fun with him. He wants to run with you, but only if he is in the lead.





Little rara has a big personality. She stands up for herself and all that she believes in (usually by shouting at her big brother and shoving him in the face). She is silly. She is sweet. She is sociable and outgoing.




No comments:

Post a Comment