April 23, 2010

only 2

Ever so often, I need to remind myself that monkey bear is only 2.  She is so responsible and well behaved that I tend to forget and expect too much of her.  The past couple of weeks I have noticed her trying to get more attention.

When my buddy was a baby, I made sure to say, "Mommy has to feed the baby and then I can ____".  I didn't want monkey bear to think that it was the baby mucking up the works.  But as he grows, I've stopped that and now it's more like, "My buddy is starting to fuss, we need to leave the playground."  Or, "My buddy has (insert therapy here) so we need to stay home this morning."

I can see her frustration and desire for special time with Mommy.  It's such a fine line to walk.  My buddy needs more of me - physically because he's still young, time wise to attend to all of his therapies and Dr appointments, and emotionally because he is entering into the zone of behavioral issues that need to be dealt with.  But I know that she needs me too.

I think I'll have to do the dishes while they sleep and carve out some snuggle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment