April 20, 2010

smile from the heart

Yesterday we went for a ride on a carousel.  Monkey bear decided that my buddy wanted to ride the elephant and she would be on the horse right next to him.  We paid the fare, strapped the kids onto their respective animals, and waited for the fun to start.

My buddy was squirming all around trying to escape.  No fear that he is 4 feet off the ground on a giant mammal.  Attempting a cowboy like dismount off one side while Mommy holds one with one hand trying to get a picture at the same time, I thought it was going to be a long ride.

Then the music started and we began to move.

I don't think I've seen a smile so big last for so long.  I swear it started in his toes and filled every cell in his whole body.  He could not get enough.  There is something in that smile.  No thoughts that someone may be looking, or perhaps you should "control yourself".  Just the feeling of pure joy written all over his face.

One dream I have for my buddy is that he never loses that smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment