April 27, 2011

the other milestones

There are many milestones that parents look forward to and anticipate.  Then there are those other milestones.  Monkey bear has reached the talking back, name calling, sassy phase. 

I am very careful with the words I use around my kids.  I don't have a potty mouth in general and after being a nanny for 9 years, I learned how to avoid "bad" words.  Unfortunately, monkey bear has influences in her life other than me.  (imagine that!)  I have very high expectations of her and her behavior but I'm beginning to wonder how long I can keep her from calling people names. 

I'm also wondering how long I can keep my sanity with the negative behavior.  I don't want to punish her all day long, but I will not accept being spoken to that way or having her hurt my buddy.  Oh, the teenage years are going to be rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment