December 4, 2013

parents

It's been a busy couple of weeks.  My parents were in town affording me such luxuries as a haircut, attending my 20 year High School reunion and a lot fewer dishes to wash.  It's the first time in many years that we've had the room for them to stay with us. It was great to have conversations and spend lots of time together.  Rara mastered saying Grampa and Nana.  They worked tirelessly and we sent them home with our sickness.

sharing a love of cars

Nana always takes on outside playtime
My buddy has just been hammered with colds he can't get over.

The days that all the kids are sick are the days I want to run away and throw in the parenting towel.  I ask myself how it is that I am the adult and have to care for the needy, miserable children?  Even with my parents here to help me, sick kids always want their Mommy.  I try so hard not to complain too much.  After all I really have so much - a wonderful home, food on the table, a husband who adores me and 3 lovely littles.  But the crying and screaming and freaked out misery can take its toll.  As I write this, rara is napping in her bed (hopefully on the mend) and big sis is napping on the couch after a touch of the tummy bug last night.


My mom spent hours preparing a delicious Thanksgiving meal. My buddy ate Cheerios.  I was just happy he was eating.

big sis loves her Nana so much


It was neat to start a new tradition of our own Thanksgiving.  We had dinner at a time that worked best for us and ate all the things we like to eat.  Aside from the fear that I will have to do all the cooking next year, I like to think it is a tradition that is here to stay.


Big sis and rara were very upset that Mommy and Daddy were going out together.  We have a short supply of people that can handle watching my buddy and the other two so we rarely go anywhere.  Big sis was crying when we were going.  After we explained that we never go out together and this was a chance for us to spend some time together.  She replied, "You left last year at Christmas time when Nana and Grampa were here."  Pathetic.  It's been a year since we went anywhere.  And last year we left to go Christmas shopping... for them.

big sis took this one.  Makes her Daddy look like a super hero.
My brother worked in a long layover.  It's been over a 1 1/2 years since I've seen him.  Fun times.

 
We managed to squeak in an outing and some good times. Or not so good times if you are my buddy getting his hair cut!  There was mall walking, story time, nap time and of course some stellar outfits from big sis.









I really love when my parents are here.  Things are so much easier.  Life seems manageable. I love watching their relationships with the kids grow.  I think they should leave OK and move back to CT just to make my life better.  So who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment