January 12, 2014

hug

My buddy has been fighting off another cold for the past week and a half.  Life gets hard when he gets sick.  There is a lack of sleep and increasingly demanding days.  He doesn't have the stamina for school and he is easy to upset.  I think we may be turning a corner, but you just never know with my buddy.

Big sis and I had a discussion this evening if my buddy would be able to talk.  He did something that I just didn't understand and I commented that I wasn't sure if I would ever understand him.  She said something about when he is a teenager being able to tell us why he acts the way he does.  Then she paused and said, "he will be able to talk when he is a teenager, right?"  I told her there was a chance he could never talk, but I was really confident that he will talk just fine when he is a teenager.

It's funny.  Sometimes he says very little but when he does have something to say, it comes out just right.  Daddy came back from a business trip late one night and when my buddy saw him in the morning, clear as day he said, "Dada.  Hug."

One good thing about my buddy not feeling well is the extra hugs he needs.  He's almost 50 pounds and would still love me to carry him around on my hip when he is sick.  So I get to take some breaks during the day and just rock him and hold him.

Here are a few shots from the last couple of weeks.


about as friendly as those two get with each other

Daddy was away on business and she wore his hat every day.



snuggle

always so much joy when big sis gets home from school

love that kid

thank god for the iPad to get us through the sick days


a rare moment where they all coexisted happily in the same space

she rarely lets me take her picture anymore so I have to do it on the sly


Target - my buddy seems to be restocking himself


No comments:

Post a Comment